Re: flexo to washout

    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 29, 2012
      I half suspect that a change in bulbs might be in order as well. Though I have no idea what the correct configuration would be.

      Just a note: You can run water-based flexo plates in a conventional photopolymer platemaking machine. A long while back I was running flexo plates for a client. Requires the right plates (I was using BASF) and a much higher water temp than normal and soft water.

    • rchamlee@mac.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 30, 2012
        Introduction to Book Binding

        Otis College of Art and Design, Los Angeles

        February 7, 2012 – April 17, 2012

        Tuesday 7pm – 10pm

        This hands-on workshop, taught by Rebecca Chamlee, introduces the skills, craft, materials, process and techniques used in making book structures. Students learn binding methods involving paper folding, cutting, sewing, gluing and other means of assembling individual sheets, signatures and text blocks with or without covers. Course projects have the potential to evolve into creative and personal objects that hold visual work and text.

        For more information call 310.665.6950

        http://otis.edu/ce,course.php?crs=642&dsc=6&sem=31

        Rebecca Chamlee is a book artist, designer, printer and binder and has published contemporary literature in innovatively designed, letterpress printed, hand-bound limited-edition fine press and artist's books under the imprint of Pie In The Sky Press since 1985. Her work is in prominent special collections throughout the U.S. and has been exhibited widely. Chamlee is an associate professor of book arts in the BFA program at Otis College of Art and Design in Los Angeles.