Re: dots moving

  • letterpress_man
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 30, 2011
      Ian

      I was having the same problem and a few other with the same plate material, when I went to buy my next order from Boxcar they were out of this plate material and suggested using KF95 instead. I have been very pleased with the change. I get the same plate with a clearer back so it helps in placing it on the base, it processes the same with the exception of a 25 second back exposure which is requires with these plates and also seems to help with some of the problems you are having. I have used about 12 A2 sheets now without a problem.

      Rick Shearer

      Oliver Brinn Letterpress

      --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, "Ian" <ductormanpaperboy@...> wrote:

      > I recently processed some plates and the dots shifted over on the plate, has anyone had this problem before? I am using 94 FL plates plastic back. I'm thinking it must be a washout thing temp, time etc, but just wanted to check, because I'm concerned it maybe a film issue with the density.
      >
      > Cheers & happy holidays.

    • Ian Bristow
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 30, 2011
        Thanks everyone for the advice. I'm pretty sure your right about the room temp Gerald as I was processing while my shop was heating back up.
        These harsh Canadian winters do not help!!! I also had the plates leaning up against a cold wall. I will make sure I bring the heat up in the shop first
        and try again. I have also used the 95 plate material with o.k. results, I find it is often hit and miss with my platemaker. She does the trick most of the time
        but by no means the cadillac of platemakers (jerry rigged polimero unit). I think the problem is the fluctuating shop temperature and the light source.
        Santa never brought me a new platemaker!!!

        Thanks again

        Happy New Year!!!

        Ian
        We Do Printing
        http://wedoprinting.wordpress.com/
        www.wedoprinting.net

        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 30, 2011
          Ian

          If you need bulbs go here:
          http://www.atlantalightbulbs.com/

          Santa didn't bring me a new platemaker either. What's up with that? I guess we weren't on the good boys' list.

          A couple of small miracles and positive transitions though so ready for 2012 with my bear claws on.

          Let's go!