Re: Does anyone know anything about this photopolymer exposure/processing unit?

    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 23, 2011
      Matthew

      Further note to this: You might be able to revitalize the brush plate through some extensive combing. It certainly works as a routine maintenance exercise.

      See reference in this blog entry:

      http://bielerpressxi.blogspot.com/2006/05/brush-maintenance-and-adjustment.html

      > Matthew
      >
      > You might try Tanis Brush. They make brushes for A&V machines. Prices are NOT inexpensive. Below is the entry from our Database section:
      >
      > Tanis Brush
      > 501 Maple Ave, Waukesha, WI 53188
      > 262-646-9000
      >
      > Brushes: Custom Made, Replacement Brushes for Presses, Folders, Bindery Equipment, Plate Processors, Blanket Washing, Dampening System, Etc.
      >
      > There is also a contact link in the Links section here.
      >
      > Gerald
      > http://BielerPress.blogspot.com
      >

      > --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, "Matthew L" <mlen13@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I was able to acquire this unit about a year ago and while it works very well I don't have much of a need for in house processing anymore.
      > >
      > > I am trying to sell it and some buyers have rightfully so asked about replacing the brushes on the washout unit. I never had to change them so I'm lost on any kind of supplier who would be able to carry them.
      > >
      > > The gentleman that I purchased them from told me that the unit was made with all US made GE parts. I can't find any info at all on it on the net. Does anyone have any idea?
      > >
      > > http://newyork.craigslist.org/brk/bfs/2756913925.html
      > >
      > > Thanks!
      > > Matthew

    • Matthew L
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 27, 2011
        Thank you very much Gerald. Have you or anyone else even ever seen anything like this I cannot find an iota of info on this kind of a unit.

        -Matthew

        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 27, 2011
          Matthew

          I have heard of the company (Currico ?) but I know nothing about the machines they may have made for platemaking, though they were seemingly involved at one point. You might have the name wrongly interpreted.

          Here is a link you might want to pursue:

          http://www.currico.com.au/