Does anyone know anything about this photopolymer exposure/processing unit?

  • Matthew L
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 21 10:46 AM
      I was able to acquire this unit about a year ago and while it works very well I don't have much of a need for in house processing anymore.

      I am trying to sell it and some buyers have rightfully so asked about replacing the brushes on the washout unit. I never had to change them so I'm lost on any kind of supplier who would be able to carry them.

      The gentleman that I purchased them from told me that the unit was made with all US made GE parts. I can't find any info at all on it on the net. Does anyone have any idea?

      http://newyork.craigslist.org/brk/bfs/2756913925.html

      Thanks!
      Matthew
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 23 12:47 PM
        Matthew

        You might try Tanis Brush. They make brushes for A&V machines. Prices are NOT inexpensive. Below is the entry from our Database section:

        Tanis Brush
        501 Maple Ave, Waukesha, WI 53188
        262-646-9000

        Brushes: Custom Made, Replacement Brushes for Presses, Folders, Bindery Equipment, Plate Processors, Blanket Washing, Dampening System, Etc.

        There is also a contact link in the Links section here.

        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 23 12:56 PM
          Matthew

          Further note to this: You might be able to revitalize the brush plate through some extensive combing. It certainly works as a routine maintenance exercise.

          See reference in this blog entry:

          http://bielerpressxi.blogspot.com/2006/05/brush-maintenance-and-adjustment.html

          > Matthew
          >
          > You might try Tanis Brush. They make brushes for A&V machines. Prices are NOT inexpensive. Below is the entry from our Database section:
          >
          > Tanis Brush
          > 501 Maple Ave, Waukesha, WI 53188
          > 262-646-9000
          >
          > Brushes: Custom Made, Replacement Brushes for Presses, Folders, Bindery Equipment, Plate Processors, Blanket Washing, Dampening System, Etc.
          >
          > There is also a contact link in the Links section here.
          >
          > Gerald
          > http://BielerPress.blogspot.com
          >

          > --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, "Matthew L" <mlen13@> wrote:
          > >
          > > I was able to acquire this unit about a year ago and while it works very well I don't have much of a need for in house processing anymore.
          > >
          > > I am trying to sell it and some buyers have rightfully so asked about replacing the brushes on the washout unit. I never had to change them so I'm lost on any kind of supplier who would be able to carry them.
          > >
          > > The gentleman that I purchased them from told me that the unit was made with all US made GE parts. I can't find any info at all on it on the net. Does anyone have any idea?
          > >
          > > http://newyork.craigslist.org/brk/bfs/2756913925.html
          > >
          > > Thanks!
          > > Matthew

        • Matthew L
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 27 7:45 AM
            Thank you very much Gerald. Have you or anyone else even ever seen anything like this I cannot find an iota of info on this kind of a unit.

            -Matthew

            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 27 8:18 PM
              Matthew

              I have heard of the company (Currico ?) but I know nothing about the machines they may have made for platemaking, though they were seemingly involved at one point. You might have the name wrongly interpreted.

              Here is a link you might want to pursue:

              http://www.currico.com.au/