Re: [PPLetterpress] Adhesive matl for plates?

  • Mike Dacey
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 12, 2011
      Boxcar sells it (they just call it film adhesive): https://www.boxcarpress.com/photopolymer-supplies/film-adhesive.html
      -----

      Mike Dacey

      Repeat Press
      Custom Letterpress Printing

      9 Olive Square
      Somerville, MA 02143
      617.299.0918

      www.repeatpress.com
      www.facebook.com/repeatpress
      @repeatpress

      On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 10:48 PM, Andrew Maximow <amaximow@...> wrote:

      Hi folks, what is the recommended adhesive material to be used for applying polymer plates to a base?  I recall The Center of the Book suggested buying it by the roll from Uline, but I can't seem to deduce which material it is by searching their catalog.  Any suggestions?
      thx in advance,

      --Andrew
      Bash-Designs.com

    • moetmoetdutchletterpress
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 12, 2011
        I use Duplofol. It's available in Europe, might also be available in the US.

        Cheers,
        Youri

        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 14, 2011
          Maybe a year or two ago, both Boxcar and Elum switched to a darker blue film adhesive with a thinner backing. They both buy this from a distributor on the east coast, don't know who (wish I did). The really good thing about it is that the bubble problem associated with polyester-backed plate film adhesives is no longer an issue.