Adhesive matl for plates?

  • Andrew Maximow
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 12 7:48 PM
      Hi folks, what is the recommended adhesive material to be used for applying polymer plates to a base?  I recall The Center of the Book suggested buying it by the roll from Uline, but I can't seem to deduce which material it is by searching their catalog.  Any suggestions?
      thx in advance,

      --Andrew
      Bash-Designs.com
    • Mike Dacey
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 12 9:54 PM
        Boxcar sells it (they just call it film adhesive): https://www.boxcarpress.com/photopolymer-supplies/film-adhesive.html
        -----

        Mike Dacey

        Repeat Press
        Custom Letterpress Printing

        9 Olive Square
        Somerville, MA 02143
        617.299.0918

        www.repeatpress.com
        www.facebook.com/repeatpress
        @repeatpress

        On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 10:48 PM, Andrew Maximow <amaximow@...> wrote:

        Hi folks, what is the recommended adhesive material to be used for applying polymer plates to a base?  I recall The Center of the Book suggested buying it by the roll from Uline, but I can't seem to deduce which material it is by searching their catalog.  Any suggestions?
        thx in advance,

        --Andrew
        Bash-Designs.com

      • moetmoetdutchletterpress
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 12 10:22 PM
          I use Duplofol. It's available in Europe, might also be available in the US.

          Cheers,
          Youri

          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 14 8:24 PM
            Maybe a year or two ago, both Boxcar and Elum switched to a darker blue film adhesive with a thinner backing. They both buy this from a distributor on the east coast, don't know who (wish I did). The really good thing about it is that the bubble problem associated with polyester-backed plate film adhesives is no longer an issue.