Re: [PPLetterpress] Re: Vandercook Cocktail competition

  • Christine Barker
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 19, 2011
      Lowenbrau is two ingredients...one glass n 1 bottle of Lowenbrau. Submit that!

      Lol!

      On Oct 19, 2011, at 10:17 PM, "Gerald Lange" <Bieler@...> wrote:

      Yes, anonymous, way more than tired of the PC Academic BS.

      http://www.flickr.com/photos/bielerpress/6229066552/in/photostream

      http://www.flickr.com/photos/bielerpress/6179269321/in/photostream

      Collect your checks, be happy with that.

      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 20, 2011
        >> First I heard about this.
        >>
        >> I could be wrong, but it looks like Vandercook employees drank Lowenbrau at their Christmas parties: http://vandercookpress.info/vanderblog/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/1957a.jpg

        Wow.

        The only woman in the room is playing an accordion?
        Wonder what they were all singing?

        That's the 1950s in a nutshell ;-)

        Peter Fraterdeus
        Exquisite letterpress takes time™
        http://slowprint.com/
        tweet: @slowprint

        IdeasWords : Idea Swords
        Communication Strategy
        Semiotx.com @ideaswords
      • Fritz Klinke
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 20, 2011
          But the other pictures from that party show the women--they were there. All
          told, we have maybe 20 pictures from various Vandercook company parties and
          they all smoked and had drinks in hand.

          Fritz

          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 21, 2011
            Yeah, the 1950s. When the US was on top of the world economically, and the future was rosy for the family hopeful, and actually obtainable in their lifetime.

            I recently read a report that if one were to compare life expectancy in the US from the 1950s to current and exclude the advances in curing heart disease, we are currently in decline, and should expect that to continue. The good news, life expectancy increases in times of economic turmoil.

            Gerald