Re: Heintzemann Fraktur 24 point

  • Norman
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 5, 2011
      A few years ago, when John Hern was still with us, I purchased from him a a couple of fonts of 24 point Heintzemann Fraktur; later, after he left us, I purchased a couple more fonts from Dave Churchman I think. I just set a colophon using the fonts, & the lines look like a roller coaster ride! I've never seen such misalignment! I need to dump this type & replace it with a consistent alignment. Does anyone know where it can be had now? I thought perhaps Sky, but he doesn't list it. If not I will just buy Wolpe's Sachsenwald from Bixler instead, a far better choice in any case.

      Norman McKnight
      Philoxenia Press
      Berkeley
    • Rich Hagopian
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 5, 2011
        Norman,

        You may have more leads on letpress w/ this one.

        Best of luck!

        rich hagopian

        On Oct 5, 2011, at 10:31 PM, Norman wrote:

        A few years ago, when John Hern was still with us, I purchased from him a a couple of fonts of 24 point Heintzemann Fraktur; later, after he left us, I purchased a couple more fonts from Dave Churchman I think. I just set a colophon using the fonts, & the lines look like a roller coaster ride! I've never seen such misalignment! I need to dump this type & replace it with a consistent alignment. Does anyone know where it can be had now? I thought perhaps Sky, but he doesn't list it. If not I will just buy Wolpe's Sachsenwald from Bixler instead, a far better choice in any case.

        Norman McKnight
        Philoxenia Press
        Berkeley

      • The_Melzer
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 6, 2011
          There is someone casting Heinzemann... Bob McGill. In fact he is doing it in several point sizes.