Re: [PPLetterpress] Off Topic?

  • Silver MayKitten
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 18 10:11 AM
      I highly recomend Baum's 31�" cutter.

      http://www.baumfolder.com/cut315.html

      I purchased one for my instant print bindery about
      six months ago, and have nothing but high praise
      for it.

      MayKitten
      --- Katie Harper <knharper@...> wrote:

      > I know this isn't strictly related to photo polymer,
      > but I need to replace
      > my century-old Challenge guillotine paper cutter,
      > and am looking for
      > recommendations. It's a 19.5" cutter, the old kind
      > with a handle that you
      > pull down, and all the tolerances are just too worn
      > to make consistent cuts.
      > I'd love to replace it, but all the cutters I have
      > looked at cost thousands.
      > Can anyone recommend a reliable paper cutter that is
      > fairly easy and fast to
      > use that doesn't cost an art and a leg? Thanks.
      >

      > Katie Harper
      > Ars Brevis Press
      > Cincinnati, OH
      > 513-233-9588
      > http://www.arsbrevispress.com

      =====
      Pagan, Pagan, what are you finding?

      From the book, Charge of the Goddess
      BY: Doreen Valiente

      http://platinum.yahoo.com
    • riverrider2
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 20 8:38 AM
        I recently visited Eastern Equipment Company in Greensboro, NC to
        look at a Kluge (I didn't buy). While walking around the warehouse
        and feeling like a kid in a candy store, I saw several of the manual
        Challenge cutters available for sale. I doubt the market for these
        is very brisk, so you may be able to negotiate a reasonable price.

        Contact Avery Barrier at 336-275-1203 if you're interested. You
        might try a dealer local to you as well.

        Steve Rush
        Fireside Printing Co.
        Marietta, GA

        --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, Katie Harper <knharper@f...>
        wrote:

        > I know this isn't strictly related to photo polymer, but I need to
        replace
        > my century-old Challenge guillotine paper cutter, and am looking for
        > recommendations. It's a 19.5" cutter, the old kind with a handle
        that you
        > pull down, and all the tolerances are just too worn to make
        consistent cuts.
        > I'd love to replace it, but all the cutters I have looked at cost
        thousands.
        > Can anyone recommend a reliable paper cutter that is fairly easy
        and fast to
        > use that doesn't cost an art and a leg? Thanks.
        >

        > Katie Harper
        > Ars Brevis Press
        > Cincinnati, OH
        > 513-233-9588
        > http://www.arsbrevispress.com
      • Katie Harper
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 25 11:14 AM
          I have a few questions for Suitcase/Mac 10 users out there. I recently
          purchased Suitcase 10. It works well, so far, but comes with scant
          documentation. Am wondering:

          1. I have a folder where I keep most of my fonts, a large collection. Should
          I just drag that folder to Suitcase, and let it list all those fonts
          (deactivated of course) and let it auto activate as I need the fonts for
          various files? I have hesitated to do that before, but using the ADD FONT
          button to load one at a time is a pain.

          2. Short of adding the entire collection, can I add more than one at a time?

          3. Suitcase likes to Unexpectedly Quit when I try to use it in Classic. It
          works ok in the background, but if I try to add fonts, it goes bye bye.
          However, if I boot up in 9.2.2, it works fine. Any thoughts?

          Am also looking for scanner recommendations, as my Microtek X6 apparently
          won't work with 9.2.2 or 10.2.4. It's a marginal scanner anyway, and I
          almost welcome the excuse to upgrade.

          Thanks.

          Katie Harper
          Ars Brevis Press
          Cincinnati, OH
          513-233-9588
          http://www.arsbrevispress.com
        • Bryan Hutcheson
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 25 11:33 AM
            1. I have a folder where I keep most of my fonts, a large collection. Should
            I just drag that folder to Suitcase, and let it list all those fonts
            (deactivated of course) and let it auto activate as I need the fonts for
            various files? I have hesitated to do that before, but using the ADD FONT
            button to load one at a time is a pain.

            Definitely drag and drop the folders you want to add. I add entire libraries
            and then open only the fonts I would like to use.

            2. Short of adding the entire collection, can I add more than one at a time?

            Of course. Is your Adobe folder divided into folders for each font? That is
            the best way to organize fonts. It make sit easy to add fonts to suitcase
            or ATM

            3. Suitcase likes to Unexpectedly Quit when I try to use it in Classic. It
            works ok in the background, but if I try to add fonts, it goes bye bye.
            However, if I boot up in 9.2.2, it works fine. Any thoughts?

            Using Classic 9 inside of OSX seems to be convenient, but full of little
            surprises. If I am using Quark 5 I just reboot into 9.2. It eliminates a lot
            of headaches and runs much quicker than it does in OSX.

            Am also looking for scanner recommendations, as my Microtek X6 apparently
            won't work with 9.2.2 or 10.2.4. It's a marginal scanner anyway, and I
            almost welcome the excuse to upgrade.

            I just picked up the Epson 1660 Photo and it seems to be a good little
            scanner.

            Katie Harper
            Ars Brevis Press
            Cincinnati, OH
            513-233-9588
            http://www.arsbrevispress.com

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=246920.2960106.4328965.2848452/D=egroupweb/S=1706389
            862:HM/A=1481558/R=0/*http://www.gotomypc.com/u/tr/yh/cpm/grp/300_DIR/g22lp?
            Target=mm/g22lp.tmpl>

            • To respond to a post or post a message to the membership:
            PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com
            • Encountering problems? contact:
            PPLetterpress-owner@yahoogroups.com
            • To unsubscribe: