Re: Need a new solvent ASAP!

  • Eric
    Message 1 of 41 , Aug 13 9:43 PM

      > Thanks for the cautionary advice. It is quite clear that Coleman's Lantern Fuel is combustible, it is obviously supposed to be. So caution is observed. Safety cans, no open flames, no cigarettes.

      Quite right. Caution doesn't need to be fear. The half-teaspoon of white gas used to clean a plate is hardly enough vapor to worry about combustion. The only anecdotal explosion I know involved degreasing an engine with white gas, in a garage with a water heater.
      The only time I use enough white gas that vapors may be a problem is when soaking, cleaning and drying keyboard cams, and then windows and doors are opened for ventilation. A single magazine cleaning doesn't need nearly as much gas. If you clean multiple magazines, then, yeah, be careful.
      --Eric Holub, SF
    • matthew lamoureux
      Message 41 of 41 , Aug 20 4:39 AM
        Well you know how it goes with products imported from Chna. . . . ;)