Re: Need a new solvent ASAP!

  • i_goonies
    Message 1 of 41 , Aug 13, 2011
      Have anyone ever mentioned the solvents, 100% biodegradable and with very nice odor made by Franmar?

      I used them for a period in my screenprinting studio but the nearest vendor is in Austria, and I'm in Italy, so it will be expensive, but I know Franmar has got a good web in the USA.

      I'm quite sure if the Franmar products can remove screenprinting solvent inks they can remove also letterpress ink. I don't know hoever if it's necessary to wash after apply these products.

      I suggest this used for pad printing (pad printing uses photopolymers plates too): http://www.franmar.com/shopping/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3_13&products_id=23&zenid=de6btfk02fi9i7r0numt6hbdg7

      and this (I've used this): http://www.franmar.com/shopping/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3_12&products_id=14&zenid=de6btfk02fi9i7r0numt6hbdg7

      Oblivously, don't mix the product with water.

      Fabio

      --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, "keetgi" <keetgi.kogan@...> wrote:

      > Hi! I just came back from the dermatologist and apparently I am having an allergic reaction to the odourless mineral spirits I've been using to clean my press.
      >
      > Can anyone recommend a non-toxic solution that won't rust out my press (Vandercook sp20)?
      >
      > I would appreciate any help or advice.
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > Keetgi
      > keetgi.kogan@...

    • matthew lamoureux
      Message 41 of 41 , Aug 20, 2011
        Well you know how it goes with products imported from Chna. . . . ;)