Re: Sources for Germany

  • Norman McKnight
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 11, 2011

      Mika: There is an online letterpress site http://www.bleisatzkontor.de/ but it is entirely in German & it doesn’t

      have an “English” option. The former owner, who passed away a year or so ago, was fluent in English. They

      sell Schriften (type) Mobilar (cabinets, furniture), Fachliteratur (printing books), & there is a Schriftenmuster (type list).

      They used to take PayPal & they were representatives for the now defunct Bauer Foundry in Barcelona & the

      still operating museum foundry Schriftenservice D. Stempel http://www.schriftenservice-d-stempel.de/ where

      they have a regular monthly offer called Angebot (offering) des Monats Oktober which is Claudius Fraktur by

      Rudolf Koch, something called Paganinni & Aldus Buchschrift (Aldus text). There is also a Swiss operation which

      acquired the Harold Berliner Type Foundry ( Nevada City CA ) & moved it to Switzerland ; they sell type & can

      be found in English & German at http://www.parnassia.org/english/index.html They have a good link page to

      some things in the area & Germany . I believe English is not much of an option with D. Stempel, but you could

      try. They have outstanding types perfectly cast. The Bleisatz (Blei: lead; Satz: setting) Kontor (shop) is in the

      vicinity of Ulm . The types offered by Bleisatz are all used & antiquarian. I have found some real treasures in

      their offerings.

      Norman McKnight

      Philoxenia Press

      Berkeley