Re: [PPLetterpress] Greenboathouse

  • Eugene Marino III
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 8 5:05 PM
      Are you serious?

      On Mon, Aug 8, 2011 at 11:59 AM, Selene F <selene_f@...> wrote:

      Jason -

      Saw your posting about the SP-15s on PPL.  You should have mentioned why you are selling them...for the curious among us - I can guess that it's because you are trying to raise some cash for your new equipment and type?  Or because the flatbeds just won't do it for production of letterpress printed books?  None of my business, really; as I said, just because I'm curious.  I don't have a flatbed press, but they are extremely popular, so I always wonder why people are selling them.

      But that's not really why I write (no matter how it appears :-)

      I went to your website to check it out.  Living in Washington (the state, not the DC) I'm always interested in happenings and residents of BC, particularly other printers.  I was enjoying it very much when I saw a typo that I thought I'd bring to your attention.

      On you "about people" page

      you describe Aaron, but clearly you didn't run your description, or rather title, by him.  If you had, he might have noticed that "Emeritas" is incorrectly spelled.  It should be "Emeritus" though it does mean retired or discharged from active duty.  Perhaps you were intending a play on (some) word and giving it a new meaning?

      Anyway, THAT's the reason I write.  Because I saw a typo, and thought you might want to know.

      I was very pleased to find your site otherwise.  You've done some beautiful work and I look forward to reading more about your letterpress efforts.  Fascinating.

      Selene

      --
      Eugene Marino III
      11 Cedar Knolls Drive