Re: [PPLetterpress] Re: Vandercook bearings.

  • Mike Dacey
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 4, 2011
      Definitely true - I now have a lifetime supply of rider roller bolts for a 10x15 windmill -  I found them by the dozen on McMaster-Carr after talking to someone who wanted $40 for a pair of OEM bolts.
      -----

      Mike Dacey

      Repeat Press
      Custom Letterpress Printing

      9 Olive Square
      Somerville, MA 02143
      617.299.0918

      www.repeatpress.com
      www.facebook.com/repeatpress
      @repeatpress

      On Thu, Aug 4, 2011 at 3:00 AM, Gerald Lange <Bieler@...> wrote:

      Vandercook obviously did not make all the parts for their presses in house. They out sourced. And so can you. I once wrote to them, the real Vandercook (yeah, imagine that—I mean the writing of a real letter) regarding the need for a broken pin. They were out of stock, price was $20, but they suggested I try my local hardware store. No local hardware store carried anything like this but I happened upon an industrial supply outlet that did. $20 the guy said, same thing Vandercook wanted. Difference was, he was talking about a box full of 20, Vandercook was talking about one item. Good ole Vandercook. God bless em. Still.

      So yeah, likely a lot of this stuff can be found round and about, and a great deal cheaper, if you can figure out how to get it. Lot easier today than previously.