Re: Need a new solvent ASAP!

  • keetgi
    Message 1 of 41 , Jul 9, 2011
      Thank you so much to everyone for all of your help and advice. I really appreciate your input and experience.

      And to answer some of your questions...I always wear Nitril gloves and the wash i use(d) is the Sunnyside odorless. It works well enough and I never had a problem with it until last week. I had no direct skin exposure to the solvent but my dermatologist thinks that it became somewhat aerosolized as it was coming out of the squirt bottle. That is why there is a straight line where my glove ends and my arms are covered in a rash.

      Anyway, thanks again!
      --Keetgi

      --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, Julie Larson <entdesign@...> wrote:

      > Have you been wearing laytex gloves while cleaning? I have had a lot of
      > industrial exposure to solvents and developed dermatitis, but found that I had
      > become sensitive to laytex (or possibly the powder in the gloves, and allergic
      > to sodium laurel sulfate, which is a foaming agent in liquid soaps.
      >
      > Solvents will defat your skin and damage its ability to moisturize itself over
      > time, so you want to wear gloves when using it. I switched to the cheap
      > disposable vinyl gloves. Nitrile is also good if laytex is a problem for you.
      >
      > I use a Varn press wash. It does have a definite odor, but it takes so little to
      > clean up my small platen presses I don't worry about it.

    • matthew lamoureux
      Message 41 of 41 , Aug 20 4:39 AM
        Well you know how it goes with products imported from Chna. . . . ;)