Re: Need a new solvent ASAP!

    Message 1 of 41 , Jul 8, 2011
      Keetgi

      The odorless mineral spirits that were available at the major hardware chains, Home Depot, OSH, etc., were changed within the last year. I believe this was posted here. The new "non-combustible" formulas and the newer "green" versions are beyond worthless. Even the help guys at Home Depot will not recommend the latter.

      Basically go to your local hardware store to get this stuff. Sunnyside (sp?) is one that is still okay.

      This gets worse year by year because of the green mandate. No VOCs—but in regard to your physical health; here try this acetone or diesel fuel, or god knows what. . . See how that works out. If not we will pull it off the market. Which they do each and every year.

      Next year, like the last several years, because these "green" concoctions are not working, it will be something else.

      --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, "keetgi" <keetgi.kogan@...> wrote:

      > Hi! I just came back from the dermatologist and apparently I am having an allergic reaction to the odourless mineral spirits I've been using to clean my press.
      >
      > Can anyone recommend a non-toxic solution that won't rust out my press (Vandercook sp20)?
      >
      > I would appreciate any help or advice.
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > Keetgi
      > keetgi.kogan@...

    • matthew lamoureux
      Message 41 of 41 , Aug 20, 2011
        Well you know how it goes with products imported from Chna. . . . ;)