Heidelberg Sucker Feeders

  • Scott Rubel
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 24, 2011
      I am getting confused. My pressman wants new suckers for the Heidelberg Windmill. The only number he has is T1625.

      I Google that and come up with all kinds of suckers that don't seem to be it. They are white in color, but someone told me that color codes aren't in effect these days.

      So, there are a lot of suckers on different press supply dealers, but they don't seem to be able to cross reference this number to the number they have.

      --Scott
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 24, 2011
        Scott

        They say there's a sucker born every minute, so there shouldn't be too much trouble finding one ;-)

        Fritz at NAGraphics will have the right ones for the Windmill.

        Cheers

        On 24 Jun 2011, at 11:31 AM, Scott Rubel wrote:

        > I am getting confused. My pressman wants new suckers for the Heidelberg Windmill. The only number he has is T1625.
        >
        > I Google that and come up with all kinds of suckers that don't seem to be it. They are white in color, but someone told me that color codes aren't in effect these days.
        >
        > So, there are a lot of suckers on different press supply dealers, but they don't seem to be able to cross reference this number to the number they have.
        >
        > --Scott

      • Ed Inman
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 24, 2011
          Not sure what part of the country you are in but Whittenberg in Tenn. can probably help: http://www.whittenburginc.com/

          Whittenburg Inc
          2502 South Main Street
          Springfield
          Tennessee
          37172
          Phone: 615-212-0015
          Fax: 615 212-0016
          email: info@...

          They have supplied me with Windmill parts in the past and are very knowledgeable about anything to do with Heidelbergs.
          Ed

          >I am getting confused. My pressman wants new suckers for the Heidelberg Windmill. The only number he has is T1625.
          >
          >I Google that and come up with all kinds of suckers that don't seem to be it. They are white in color, but someone told me that color codes aren't in effect these days.
          >
          >So, there are a lot of suckers on different press supply dealers, but they don't seem to be able to cross reference this number to the number they have.
          >
          >--Scott

        • Fritz Klinke
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 24, 2011
            The T-1625 shows up as a pink flat washer also listed as a 19H sucker. The other one used on windmills is the #22 sucker and we show that on our website at http://order.nagraph.com/suckers-grippers-press-parts.html There are also the sucker bar slides that are used on these presses. The 19H and 22 are also used on Heidelberg cylinders.

            Fritz

            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 26, 2011
              Thanks, James,

              This sounds like the ones I have, maybe. I'll be contacting them.

              --Scott

              On Jun 26, 2011, at 6:43 AM, James C Watne wrote:

              I've been using the 19H suckers. These are white rubber and won't leave scuffs on thicker paper as it whips under the bar. They are available from Rudow (suckers.com, advertising "suckers by the zillions!") or their many distributors. The plastic "slides" are also available from at least one third-party source I've lost track of at the moment, in addition to Heidelberg parts from the usual sources.

            • Fritz Klinke
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 27, 2011
                The third party sucker slides are not any good. They are not made properly and have a tendency to split lengthwise, so we stock only the ones made by Heidelberg and they never have any problems.

                Fritz

                Sent: Sunday, June 26, 2011 7:43 AM
                Subject: [PPLetterpress] Re: Heidelberg Sucker Feeders