Re: [PPLetterpress] Re: Photopolymer

  • Harold Kyle
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 4, 2003
      On 3/2/03 5:10 PM, "cmcgarr1957 <casey@...>"
      <casey@...> wrote:
      > Do you recommend magnetic bases?

      Our non-magnetic bases have sold well among letterpress printers because
      they offer easy, reliable registration. My experience with magnetic bases is
      that--especially on cylinder presses such as your Challenge--multiple colors
      and tight registration is difficult because plates tend to move our of
      register. Printers often spray-mount plates to their magnetic bases to hold
      them in place. Our system is detailed at:
      http://www.boxcarpress.com/photopolymer-supplies/boxcar-base.html

      As the sole distributor for Boxcar Bases, I tend to jump into the breach
      frequently. We guarantee satisfaction with our bases (or your money back),
      and our customers often share their positive experience after using our
      bases:

      We have general FAQs about photopolymer plates and our system at:
      http://www.boxcarpress.com/photopolymer-supplies/faqs.html

      Thanks,
      Harold

      ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
      Boxcar Press
      640 Fellows Avenue ~ Syracuse, NY 13210
      315-473-0930 ~ phone and fax
      www.boxcarpress.com
      ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    • Harold Kyle
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 4, 2003
        I didn't mean to send the last message without the URL for our customers'
        comments:
        http://www.boxcarpress.com/platemaking/comments.html

        I also intended to mention that we would be happy to supply a small sample
        base and plate for printers who would like to try a Boxcar Base before they
        purchase one.

        Thanks,
        Harold