Re: DTP Software

  • bielerpr
    Message 1 of 16 , Jun 11, 2011
      I can't stand it any longer either. This is a letterpress list. Take it over to Facebook or Letpress (they like this kind of stuff). Further contributions to this thread will put the contributor on moderated status. I have way too much to do all day long and then have to deal with member complaints about this thread is just a bit too much.

      Gerald
      PPL

      --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, Daniel Franklin <dan@...> wrote:

      > I can't stand it any longer!
      >
      > Regarding the excerpt from Horace's Ode 1.11 ...
      >
      > > dum loquimur, fugerit invida
      > > aetas. carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero.
      >
      > Erik S. wrote:
      >
      > > not good. It should have been past (postero) instead of future. Just
      > > testing.
      >
      > And Ms. Judy wrote:
      >
      > > I think you are now saying it translates as
      > > "Believe in the past as little as possible?"
      > > Makes way more sense that way, thank you!
      > >
      > The correct translation/sense is 'trusting in the next as little as
      > possible,' that is, '... seize the day; don't wait till tomorrow.'
      >
      > And did you know that this was a seduction poem to Horace's (perhaps
      > imaginary) lover Leuconoe?

    • Daniel Franklin
      Message 2 of 16 , Jun 11, 2011
        I apologize, Gerald.

        Since I have Letpress and PPLetterspress come into the same e-mail
        folder, I assumed this was a Letpress thread, and we both know that some
        of their threads dive into deep waters (to mix metaphors). I'll be more
        careful in the future.

        Best regards,

        Dan