Informational FYI re: Brass Bearers. Edited cross-post

  • bielerpr
    Message 1 of 4 , May 3, 2011
      The link can be found on the PPLetterpress group site.

      http://www.stephensonandblake.com/

      Right in your neighborhood, so to speak.

      Brass bar weld rule up to 24pt.

      Roughly $95 per two feet in quantity (shipped to US). Stuff has pricing like gold, just goes up.

      Picked some up recently. Previous supplier was Caslon, but they no longer carry brass rule. Stephenson & Blakes' isn't as pretty as Caslon's was (as rule) but it functions well as bearers.

      I think there was coverage about brass bearers for hand-presses a while back and in particular about sources of supply (in the UK?).
    • MichaelB
      Message 2 of 4 , May 3, 2011
        FYI, I've been unsuccessful at getting a response from them via two email queries.

        --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, "bielerpr" <Bieler@...> wrote:

        > The link can be found on the PPLetterpress group site.
        >
        > http://www.stephensonandblake.com/
        >
        > Right in your neighborhood, so to speak.
        >
        > Brass bar weld rule up to 24pt.
        >
        > Roughly $95 per two feet in quantity (shipped to US). Stuff has pricing like gold, just goes up.
        >
        > Picked some up recently. Previous supplier was Caslon, but they no longer carry brass rule. Stephenson & Blakes' isn't as pretty as Caslon's was (as rule) but it functions well as bearers.
        >
        > Gerald
        > http://BielerPress.blogspot.com
        >

        > I think there was coverage about brass bearers for hand-presses a while back and in particular about sources of supply (in the UK?).

      • Incline Press
        Message 3 of 4 , May 3, 2011
          Re: [PPLetterpress] Re: Informational FYI re: Brass Bearers. Edited cross-post

          I phoned – no trouble at all.

          Graham Moss
          Incline Press
          36 Bow Street