Re: Introduction, quickly followed by several questions: (washout, dryer, InterflexA4)

  • bielerpr
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 6, 2011
      Hi again

      Usually the manual has the electrical schematics. Quite important with these machines, as I have mentioned, I think you do need to have an electrician check the machine over and this would help greatly.

      There should be one out there. Good luck.

      --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, Amber Ellis-Seguine <amber@...> wrote:

      > I don't have a manual. I have been searching the internet for one all
      > afternoon. I'd be happy to pay for a copy of one, if anyone has one to
      > copy.
      >
      > Gerald, I really, really appreciate your help. I am not near the
      > platemaker now but will be tomorrow and will check the back. From what
      > I can remember we had to take the back panels off to see anything.
      > There are two fuses on the back of the bottom unit but nothing
      > else...lots and lots of stuff under the panel though. ;)
      >
      > Amber
      >
      > On Apr 6, 2011, at 8:31 PM, bielerpr wrote:
      >

      > > Amber
      > >
      > > There should be a primary control that limits the amount of heating.
      > > It's located on the back of A&V models. Something like this could
      > > get disturbed during moving the machine. Do you have a manual for
      > > the platemaker?
      > >
      > > Gerald
      > > http://BielerPress.blogspot.com
      > >

      > > > Lastly, the temperature reads on both the dryer and the bath seem to
      > > > never stop climbing. I set them according to the plate specs via
      > > > Boxcar (using 94FL plastic backed plates), but they don't stay put
      > > > once they reach their set temp.
      > > >
      > > > Third question(s), how do I fix that? Is that normal? Does the dryer
      > > > getting hotter and hotter have anything to do with the unit shutting
      > > > down? Is it over heating?
      > > >
      > > > Thanks so much,
      > > > Amber

      > > > Amber Ellis-Seguine
      > > > Flywheel Press
      > > > flywheelpress.com
      > > > 650.468.9537
      > > > 650.347.4066

    • Amber Ellis-Seguine
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 7, 2011
        Update to my crisis...

        Pardon my "overdoing" it with these emails. I have searched the archives many times for many groups and nothing is more frustrating than to find emails and not know what the heck they are talking about.

        1. I have adjusted the brushes...much better results, no problem there. It was very simple just had to unscrew the      4 screws, lifted the brushs up and adjusted the little screw knobs below. I exposed 4 small pieces and washed    them out in each corner to make sure we were even steven across the brushes.

        2. I played with the temp on the "bath water" It seems to stabilize itself...eventually but not on the desired temp I          set. I figure I can work with this for the time being but would like to figure out a better solution. I set for 23 C      it goes to 26 C. . . could be worse. Just wonder what should the water feel like. When mine read 26 it was like    bath water that had been standing for a while, a bit chilly. Not really warm or cold. Room temp?

        3. The dryer that is a bit more troublesome. I decided on my test run today I would lower my desired temp to 60     C (boxcar plate info suggested 80 C, unless I misread something, which is entirely possible). When I set it to     60 C it steadily climbed past 60 C landing on 69.9 C. Then it feel to 63 C, sat there for a while went down to     59.9 C. Again sat there and then climbed back to 63. After all that it seemed to like it between 63 and 60. All      of this took place within 10 minutes.

        As a new platemaker (me not the machine) I understand why exposure and wash out times are important and how they effect detail, shoulders etc (working on getting Gerald's book and welcome any other reading material suggestions or tips). I am not sure what the effects are with drying temp and time.
        Again I am so grateful for everyone who was able to help emailing me. I know most of you are old hats at this stuff and on top of that you're busy. So thanks again for taking the time. Here's hoping I can get ALL of these plates made with minimal pain!

        Cheers,
        Amber

        Amber Ellis-Seguine
        Flywheel Press