  • Siegl Bill
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 16, 2003
      Offset printers may be moving to direct to plate
      printing but it will be some time before flexo
      printers (and there are several thousand of us)
      abandon negatives.

      A flexo negative is backwards compared to an offset
      negative but to the equipment a negative is a negative
      and it can also produce a negative for letterpress so
      I wouldn't worry about becoming obsolete.

      Bill Siegl

      http://shopping.yahoo.com
    • Gerald Lange <bieler@worldnet.att.net>
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 16, 2003
        --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, Siegl Bill <billsiegl@y...> wrote:
        > Offset printers may be moving to direct to plate
        > printing but it will be some time before flexo
        > printers (and there are several thousand of us)
        > abandon negatives.
        >
        > A flexo negative is backwards compared to an offset
        > negative but to the equipment a negative is a negative
        > and it can also produce a negative for letterpress so
        > I wouldn't worry about becoming obsolete.
        >
        > Bill Siegl

        Hi Bill

        Thought, as a flexographer, you might be interested in this, though I
        suppose you are already plugged in

        http://www.flexoexchange.com/index.html

        Paul Romaine just sent it to me today. The section on Gorilla Printing
        is fun, but the Suppliers list could be of interest to all here.