Re: off the (plumbing) grid platemakers?

  • okintertype
    Message 1 of 16 , Mar 17, 2011
      Casey: I don't think a small amount of solution would hurt your septic system. Now if you were a big commercial operation, running many plates per day, that might be another matter. The important thing for septic system health is to pump the inevitable solids on a regular basis. How often depends on your situation. Okla. State Univ. recommends every three to five years. We have a 1,000 gal. tank with only one or two people living here. I pumped the tank at seven years, and found a modest amount of sludge. Many people around here don't ever pump them, the sludge eventually gets into the drainage field, and then you have to replace the drainage field. That's a big expensive job.
      Stan