Re: Half cases

  • Norman McKnight
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 9 6:55 AM

      Crispin:

      I have a lot of piece borders & some signs & symbols. I had Bixler cast a very great number of them

      later as well, because as you know a font will only set a jam jar label. My solution to storage of them

      was to acquire a Ludlow cabinet. It’s perfect for them & it will likely hold all you will ever own. It’s

      also useful for storing accented sorts & signs & symbols which do not readily find a place in ordinary

      case layouts. There is a picture of this arrangement on my website www.philoxeniapress.com

      This arrangement also has the advantage of a large working top for mounting the units into frames

      or for other work in progress as you can see. I now have a very old news rack which I use only for

      accented sorts, ligatures, diphthongs & cut-backs, liturgical symbols, fractions, etc. so they are used

      from time to time & readily available without wondering where they are. There is also no dedicated

      place for them in the California Jobbing case anyway, so rather than an impromptu arrangements

      it has been useful to have these things separate.  Best of luck in sorting this out, as I know you will.

      Norman McKnight

      Philoxenia Press

      Berkeley