Anyone successed with films printed with a Epson Stylus Pro?

  • i_goonies
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2011
      Hello,
      here in Italy print imagesetter films is really expensive. I have a large format Epson Stylus Pro to print my screenprinting films. I'd like to use it to print also my letterpress films.

      Has anyone successed with films printed with the Epson Stylus Pro printer?

      I'd like to consider also 3 things: the Epson Stylus Pro is a photographic printer, that runs 2 kinds of blacks, the Photo Black and the Matte Black. In screenprinting is used to print films the Photo Black. The matte is darker, has anyone ever tried to use this black instead of the common photo black to print letterpress films?

      Another thing: once I've given to a letterpress printer a film printed with my Epson, using the Photo Black. He used a "contact" negative. Basically he used my positive film on his contact film and he produced a negative, and then the plate.

      The last: laser films. My laser printer ia a Canon i-SENSYS MF8050Cn, the print resolution is 600x600dpi, and the print quality is 2400x600dpi. Is enought to print decent films for letterpress?

      Thanks,
      Fabio