Bookbinding/Papermaking workshops - Evanston, Illinois

  • Eileen Madden
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 28, 2011
      We have a few spaces available in the following workshops beginning this week.

      Bookbinding I
      with Jamie Thome

      Wedsnesdays, Mar 2  -  April 27 (no class April 13)
      7-10 pm

      $360.00 (plus 25.00 materials fee)

      In Bookbinding I, we will start with one piece of paper to create a book.  From there, we will move to several kinds of multiple  signature blank books, which we will case in hard covers.  Real books!  Made by hand!  In addition, we’ll talk about adhesives,  bookcloth, papers, folding, sewing, endsheets, endbands, gutters and all kinds of good stuff that bookbinders know.

      Portable Papermaking
      with Melissa Jay Craig

      Saturday, Mar 5
      10AM - 4PM

      $90.00  (plus $20.00 materials fee)

      This one-day, information-packed workshop is intended for both beginning papermakers and for people who have experience in  papermaking, who do not now have ready access to formal papermaking facilities.

      Melissa Jay Craig has been making paper on residencies and in other situations not specially equipped for papermaking for the  past eleven years.  She will share her expertise on everything from storing and re-hydrating pulp, to sheet-forming without a vat or  press, to building (and adapting) your own low-cost equipment for setting up a home studio, and we’ll make a few sheets, too.   (Maximum 8 students)

      To join us e-mail:  eileen@... or call 847.475.7674.  To see other offerings upcoming, visit our Workshops page at:

      Thanks!

      Eileen