Re: The Oak Knoll Repricing Saga

  • bielerpr
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 16, 2011

      The Internet has had a dramatic effect on us all, no matter what area of the book arts/field we participate in, and for good or bad.

      For example, photopolymer plate processing prices are still quite near what they were two decades ago yet the cost of raw material has increased dramatically since then and some type of plates are quite oddly skewed as per cost and processing price. How did this happen and why? Purposeful hyper deflation of pricing by those who have the financial ability and need to control the market and thus gain from this practice.

      That is just the way it is, all around. If one wants to stay in business one just has to adapt to the conditions as they exist and scrap up what one can.