New Albion Press Showing Shakespeare's Sonnets at Codex Fair

  • jonagold1
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 7, 2011
      I am excited to be showing my very first book, an edition of Shakespeare's Sonnets printed on an Albion handpress, at the Codex Book Fair now going on on the campus of the University of California, Berkeley. The text was printed from photopolymer plates using a re-creation of the type used by the Doves Press, and was printed in commemoration of the first printing of the Sonnets four hundred years ago and the edition printed by the Doves one hundred years ago.

      The site for my press is http://www.newalbionpress.com

      and for the Codex fair, http://www.codexfoundation.org/bookfair.html.

      Thanks to all who helped with questions about using polymer plates!

      Jonathan Finegold
      jonathan@...