Letterpress and 3D Printers

  • hx2ox2
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2011
      I watched a piece on the Science network about 3d inkjet polymer printers. New Balance uses one to design their sneakers. I wondered how long before a machine would be tailored to LetterPress, e.g. print a negative image to cast a more durable plate or direct for one off or short run. It seems the industry is still viable enough to support the effort.

      Xelexer a.k.a. John
    • i_goonies
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 1, 2011
        Hello John,
        the point is the CNC machines cost a lot and very probabily will be out of the range for the 95% of the studio..but perhaps this is just my idea and tomorrow everybody will use a 3d engraver setup :)

        Fabio