Re: [PPLetterpress] relief depth

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 10 5:05 PM
      Hi Nicolas

      Yeah, that's my understanding of it. Thinner plates give a bit better
      fidelity. I stock both the .038s and the .060s, but I always use the .038s.

      Today the rollers were being tricksters and I was getting a bit
      irritated with spider webbing across the floor of the plate. But at
      least it was letting me know.

      I'm guessing the shallower plates may have a bit more built in rigidity.
      I don't know that it is as much a concern as the proper base setup though.

      Gerald