Re: Screenprinting exposure table to expose photopolymers?

  • bielerpr
    Message 1 of 36 , Jan 26, 2011
      Not to be offensive but I am going to file this similar to my folder on what scrapbooking did to the artist book, as what folks looking for the absolute cheapest way to do "letterpress" did to letterpress printing.

      Christ, does anyone, anyone?, even care about quality anymore? Is anyone out there?

      --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, Allison Cornu <allison.cornu@...> wrote:

      > YUDU! Genius Judyfunk.
      >
      > Have you ever ran into any problems with under/over exposing, or loss of small
      > detail? How long do you let your plates expose for?
      > I am so excited that you mentioned this process, and I can't wait to try it
      >
      > -Allison Cornu
      >

      > ________________________________

    • Austin Jones
      Message 36 of 36 , Jan 30, 2011
        Thank You Peter!

        Who Am I To Judge?

        tks

        Austin Jones
        austin@...

        From: Bieler@...
        Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2011 04:54:10 +0000

        The point here wasn't about who can do what or any kind of exclusion. Folks will do what they want, and there is, in actuality, no one to stop them. What's your point?

        Gerald

        Hmm.

        Austin's point (or mine) might well be that one woman's perfection is another's neurotic compulsion.
        And one man's sloppy presswork may be yet another's artistic freedom.

        And if that sloppy presswork leads, for instance, to a timely political broadside, perhaps there are more dimensions to 'truth' than any one perspective can properly describe.

        While I'm a big fan of immaculate presswork, it's never going to compensate for self-indulgent authors, nor indeed for bad design.

        However, it must be said that neither worn type nor poor plates will ever make a good impression... defined as one which could have been better with closer attention to the craft.

        And that no craftsperson would intentionally choose inappropriate tools if the correct ones were at hand.

        PF

        Peter Fraterdeus
        Exquisite letterpress takes timeā„¢

        IdeasWords : Idea Swords