Re: [PPLetterpress] Re: New To Group - LARGE

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 7, 2003
      Silver

      Actually, this is a "process" list. That is certainly the way I see it. That's why "investigative" and "techniques" are used in the description. Justin Howes originally suggested I put up a list for the "investigative printer." Originally put up as Subiaco (with all that implies), the name was later changed to PPLetterpress (a story behind that too). There is no opposition here to traditional approaches.

      Gerald

      Silver MayKitten wrote:

      >This is a process I use, but don't talk about on this
      >list, becauset that is really electrotyping, and
      >outside the subject here.
    • Silver MayKitten
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 8, 2003
        OK. The reason I cast my Nyloprint plates in wax
        instead of silvering them, is that the metalizing
        chemicals attack the plate material. I get 8 plates
        off one nyloprint if I need to, the heat of the wax
        doesn't affect the nyloprint much, but the wax starts
        to stick after 8 casts.

        MayKitten
        --- Gerald Lange <bieler@...> wrote:
        > Silver
        >
        > Actually, this is a "process" list. That is
        > certainly the way I see it. That's why
        > "investigative" and "techniques" are used in the
        > description. Justin Howes originally suggested I put
        > up a list for the "investigative printer."
        > Originally put up as Subiaco (with all that
        > implies), the name was later changed to
        > PPLetterpress (a story behind that too). There is no
        > opposition here to traditional approaches.
        >
        > Gerald
        >

        > Silver MayKitten wrote:
        >

        > >This is a process I use, but don't talk about on
        > this
        > >list, becauset that is really electrotyping, and
        > >outside the subject here.
        >

        > � To respond to a post or post a message to the
        > membership:
        > PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com
        > � Encountering problems? contact:
        > PPLetterpress-owner@yahoogroups.com