Holiday Catalogues

  • Oak Knoll
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 21, 2010

      Can you believe there are only three more days of holiday shopping left? Check out Oak Knoll’s holiday catalogues, Oak Knoll Press 2010 Holiday Mini-Catalogue and Special Catalogue #14 Happy Holidays, featuring new collections, as well as books on bookbinding, book collecting, book arts, and more.

      Click the link below to see the catalogues.

      http://www.oakknoll.com/catalogues.php

      Happy holidays!

      Oak Knoll Books
      310 Delaware Street New Castle DE 19720
      P: 302.328.7232 - F: 302.328.7274 - E:
       oakknoll@...

      http://twitter.com/oakknollbooks

      www.facebook.com/oakknollbooks

      http://www.oakknoll.com/

      Member Antiquarian Bookseller's Association of America (ABAA) http://www.abaa.org/
      International League of Antiquarian Booksellers (ILAB) http://www.ilab-lila.com/
      Buy with confidence of consumer protection when you buy from an ILAB bookseller

    • Bill Jones
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 21, 2010
        Hi Everyone

        I have just released my web site (http://www.virginwoodtype.com) and I invite your comments, suggestions and hopefully orders.

        I have started a new business supplying wood type to letterpress printers and wood type collectors. This is new hand made type using historical patterns. Right now I am offering 5 typefaces and am adding more faces every week or so.

        In late October I acquired most of the production capacity of the American Wood Type Manufacturing Company which stopped making type in 2001. It has been a busy few months.

        Bill
      • Fenway
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 22, 2010
          Hi Bill,
          Congratulations on your new site! This is excellent and inspiring, I wish you luck. I'm going to forward it to all the type designers here.

          Bill Anderson
          Monotype Imaging and Fonts.com

          --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, Bill Jones <billjones@...> wrote:

          > Hi Everyone
          >
          > I have just released my web site (http://www.virginwoodtype.com) and I invite your comments, suggestions and hopefully orders.
          >
          > I have started a new business supplying wood type to letterpress printers and wood type collectors. This is new hand made type using historical patterns. Right now I am offering 5 typefaces and am adding more faces every week or so.
          >
          > In late October I acquired most of the production capacity of the American Wood Type Manufacturing Company which stopped making type in 2001. It has been a busy few months.
          >
          > Bill

        • Eric
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 22, 2010
            --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, Bill Jones <billjones@...> wrote:

            > In late October I acquired most of the production capacity of the American Wood Type Manufacturing Company which stopped making type in 2001. It has been a busy few months.

            Bill, this is good news. I have been a bit dubious about all the attempts to make wood type using digital/CNC technology. But in addition to new fonts of wood type, you have the potential of making sorts for fonts of wood type already in existance but lacking specific characters. That would be a valuable service.
            I always had the impression that AWT had the potential of copying almost anything Hamilton offered. Is that really the case? If all the AWT patterns survived it would be a massive collection.
            Eric Holub, SF