Re: C&P ink disk not rotating

  • Gary
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 20, 2010
      I had an issue with my 8x12 NS C&P where the disk was a bit *too* easy to turn. The resistance of the pawl against the teeth of the disc was enough to pendulum the disc, the disc would rotate back with the pawl as it tried to slide up the slope of each ratchet tooth. So I simply wiped off the excess oil, that it rotated, but less freely. Now it has enough resistance to stay put while the pawl can do it's job! I don't "never" lube it! I just give it a drop. Enough to move freely, but not so freely that the action of the pawl drags it backward. I also remove the disc from time to time to clean it out, in that there is nothing that prevents grit or just accumulated dust to be dragged down into the receptacle. It's an easy bit of maintenance.

      -g.