The books to come by Alan Loney

  • bielerpr
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 18, 2010
      Recently received from Cuneiform Press is printer/poet/bookmaker Alan Loney's The books to come. This is a collection of Loney's essays on the nature of the book, the relations between poetry and typography, et al. Several of these have been published previously but are brought here together for the first time. Very, very handsomely produced. Designed by Kyle Schlesinger. A must have.

      Hardcover edition of 200 copies for sale at only $40!!! plus $7.50 domestic shipping or $15 overseas. Send a check to "Cuneiform Press/UHV."

      Cuneiform Press
      University of Houston-Victoria
      3007 North Ben Wilson
      Victoria, TX 77901-5731

      This is also distributed by Small Press Distribution (which accepts credit cards)

      www.spdbooks.org

    • Carolee Campbell
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 18, 2010
        Hi, Gerry:

        I have the book. I agree. Especially the first essay. I'm working on a book of poems of his right now, The Sirens. Yeah, I know. Sirens---Persephones. Its crazy and pure happenstance.

        Happy holidays to you and Mary!

        Carolee