Re: [PPLetterpress] Emergency

  • Leslie Ross-Robertson
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 24, 2010
      Hello Amanda:

      If you are located closed to the Robertson address on your website, I am very close to you. ( Robertson & National)  I would be happy to help if I can. I have a Vandercook and a small platen press, but I think I could help clean up...

      I hope you recover soon!

      Leslie
      Modern Optic

      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 24, 2010
        How are you typing? I bought a press once that had ink on it from
        maybe thirty years ago. I got it all cleaned off with strong chemicals
        and scrubbing. Don't worry. If you're using rubber base it will be
        easy to clean much later. Oil base will just take a little more work,
        but it'll come.

        Sounds painful, but at least you have your priorities straight.
        Presses don't clean themselves just because your bones are broken.
        They're quite disloyal that way.

        Happy healing.

        --Scott

        On Nov 24, 2010, at 4:22 PM, Amanda Burton wrote:

        > I smashed my hand in my press. I KNOW it was stupid and i know I
        > should have been more careful, but it;s too late for that now... My
        > husband is on his way home to take me to the emergency room, but my
        > question is--what do I do about the press? I was in the middle of
        > printing and it's all inked up. i cant clean it now... how long can
        > it sit with ink on it? I can have my husband clean it but I need to
        > get to the E/R first...
        >
        > Thanks,
        >

        > Amanda

      • Incline Press
        Message 3 of 12 , Nov 25, 2010
          Re: [PPLetterpress] Emergency Let it go Amanda, and focus on getting your hand back into use.

          You can clean dried ink off your press with your usual cleaning solution and a Scotchbrite pad instead of a rag.

          Best of luck.

          Graham Moss
          Incline Press
          36 Bow Street
          Oldham OL1 1SJ  England

          http://www.inclinepress.com

        • Amanda Burton
          Message 4 of 12 , Nov 25, 2010
            (Thought I sent this out last night, but I guess not?)

            I'm ok! X-rays show no breaks or chips... so it's just some bruising. Whew! Painful, but glad nothing's broken. And I got a friend to help me clean the press so everything's ok there. Thanks for the responses and concern!

            Amanda.