Re: [PPLetterpress] How do you replace bumper springs?

  • Bill Denham
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 14, 2010
      When that happened on our Vandercook 4, I removed the blocks, by removing the two bolts that held it firmly to the track, to make the operation easier. I thought the spring had broken because the block had become lose and I hadn't noticed it. My foggy memory is the holes in the block were slightly tapered, getting a bit smaller at the bottom of the hole. I don't remember having difficulty getting the broken spring out but as we were in the middle of a print run, I went to a local machine shop for replacement springs which were not quite the same circumference and required a couple of shims to hold them in place. They have worked as intended ever since and now I occasionally check the block bolts.

      Bill