Re: [PPLetterpress] Re: Plate & Roller Cleaning . . . and Ink

    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 14, 2010
      I recently soaked some plastic-backed plates (bough unexposed from BoxCar in 2008) which had curled badly, on the theory that if the shrinking of the polymer which causes curling is from gradual continued drying over a year or more, then re-wetting should help relax the curl.

      In fact it did so very nicely. I left the plates, (originally processed in 2008, iirc) covered in water overnight.

      They didn't flatten completely, but relaxed back to a very manageable curl.
      I put them in the Interflex dryer for a few minutes, and they looked fine.

      Last night (about a week or so later) I got 'em stuck down on the base very nicely, and printed without any problem at all.