Re: [PPLetterpress] Printing on wood

  • nohogallery@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 8, 2010
      How about printing on a wood grain paper? We have done it and with
      good results.

      Here is a link to a great new wood grain paper...just scroll down to
      the bottom.

      http://www.gpcpapers.com/new.cfm

      Have fun

      Bill Muller
      Big Wheel Press

      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 9, 2010
        Albert Constantine is the woodworkers' source for veneer.  Real veneer is very thin and comes in irregular sheets that are about 8" by 36".    It is meant to be firmly glued to a solid substrate such as inexpensive wood or chipboard.  It splits easily along the grain.  By itself it won't hold up.  I can't imagine printing on it, but if you must you should give it some kind of backing such as paper, plastic or cloth.
        I think previous posts have mentioned some kind of veneer that is sold with a backing attached.
        David