Monticello type (was Re: Prepress-ready PDFs)

  • Paul W Romaine <romaine@pipeline.com>
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 5, 2003
      Gerald,
      Sorry for duplication in responses.

      I don't know if Linotype had previously digitized. I understand that
      Princeton University Press had a "crude Postscript version" for TyX
      setting, which was "unruly in Windows." Originally intended for
      proofing, PUP had produced the last few volumes of the Jefferson
      Papers in it because they had no alternative. I guess they could have
      switched to Bell or a similar Scotch Roman, or, more likely a Caslon
      or Baskerville.

      Matthew told me that he started with... oh, wait for the lecture. It's
      wonderful to hear how he used rare books to inform his re-working of
      his starting material.

      Best,
      Paul

      --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, "Gerald Lange <bieler@w...>"