Fwd: FW: please post to APHA membership list

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 15, 2010
      Volunteers needed!

      We are looking for a few volunteers to help out during the day-long symposium, “From Bohemia to Conceptual Writing: Literary Publishing in California from Early to Late 20th century” to take place at the William Andrews Clark Memorial Library on Saturday, October 9th from 9 -5, followed by a reception from 5 – 7 pm. At this point, we are looking for individuals who will act as ambassadors for representatives of the presses and publishers who will have their work on display.

      Your duties will not be onerous. We need one or two people who will greet the arriving publishers (after lunch), show them to their display table, and make sure they have what they need for the book fair. Then, during the book fair, we need one or two people who could “mind the store” if the publishers have to step away from their tables during the reception.

      A notice of this symposium is now up on our website (http://www.printinghistory.org/chapters/southern-california.php)

      If you are interested in volunteering, please contact Nina Schneider as soon as possible at 323-731-8529 (weekdays from 9-5), or at nschneider@....

      Thanks very much!