Re: Jagged Lines and poor letter detail on plates

  • Christian Morrison
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 7 7:25 AM
      Definitely use a scale, we use a Stouffer Scale and for your thickness of plate the exposure value will be shown on the package or in the plate's insert. Your plate merchant should be able to supply one.

      I think, too, that "luke warm" is a good indicator of a problem. Your water should be around 23 degrees C.or 73 degrees F. Any warmer and you're really going to undercut the letters.

      As far as washing out by hand, we use (for touch ups) a baby hair brush or a really soft fingernail brush and use a swirling motion over the washout area. Swirling clockwise and then counter clockwise to even out the contact. Again I think you may be over washing out, if you don't follow the manufacturers instructions trouble is sure to follow.

      You're welcome to send me a sample and I'll take a look at it. Contact me through our website.

      Christian