Re: Black Business Card Stock

  • joshualevine74
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 6, 2010
      Here are a few that I've seen used for business cards

      * European cotton papers
      Somerset Velvet 300gsm/110lb Cover
      Arches Cover 280gsm/103lb Cover
      Revere 300gsm/110lb Cover
      Murillo 360gsm/132lb Cover

      * US Machinemade cotton paper
      Stonehenge 320gsm/119lb Cover
      Rising Museum Board 30/60/120pt

      * Misc
      Plike 330gsm/122lb Cover

      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 6, 2010
        Hahnemühle German Etching Special Black - 300gsm / 600gsm

        Gorgeous surface- see the Projekt Inc cards on slowprint.com

        Ciao
        PF

        Slowprint.com / Semiotx.com
        google voice 1 563 223 8231
        peterf@...

        From iPhone plz excuse brevity!

      • Eric
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 7, 2010

          > Hahnemühle German Etching Special Black - 300gsm / 600gsm

          I used a black German etching sheet as a booklet cover once, and it shed black particles with every touch. Is the Hahnemuhle black more stable?
          --Eric Holub, SF
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 7, 2010
            Hi Eric

            It's pretty soft, for sure, but I don't think it's shedding...

            Not great for high-traffic areas, however!

            PF