Black Business Card Stock

  • keetgi
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 29, 2010
      Hi!
      Can anyone recommend a good, heavy business card stock that is black?

      Thank you,
      Keetgi
      keetgi.kogan@...
    • Michael Dacey
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 29, 2010
        I printed these on French Muscletone black - I believe it comes in 100 and 140lb weights.
        http://www.frenchsampleroom.com/french_paper_sample_room/2010/04/mus.html

        -Mike Dacey

        Repeat Press
        Custom Letterpress Printing

        9 Olive Square
        Somerville, MA 02143
        617.299.0918
        www.repeatpress.com

        On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 5:17 PM, Norman McKnight <philoxenia@...> wrote:

        Arches Cover Black is 250 gsm, 22” x 30” & Daniel Smith sells it @1.96. I’ve never printed

        on it, but someone I know (I forget who now) printed on it in gold or silver, but they had

        to do an underlay of I think Zinc White for the gold to not be tinted by the blackness of the

        substrate. This would require exact registration for type.

        http://www.danielsmith.com/

        Norman McKnight

        Philoxenia Press

        Berkeley

      • Norman McKnight

          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 6, 2010
            Here are a few that I've seen used for business cards

            * European cotton papers
            Somerset Velvet 300gsm/110lb Cover
            Arches Cover 280gsm/103lb Cover
            Revere 300gsm/110lb Cover
            Murillo 360gsm/132lb Cover

            * US Machinemade cotton paper
            Stonehenge 320gsm/119lb Cover
            Rising Museum Board 30/60/120pt

            * Misc
            Plike 330gsm/122lb Cover

            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 6, 2010
              Hahnemühle German Etching Special Black - 300gsm / 600gsm

              Gorgeous surface- see the Projekt Inc cards on slowprint.com

              Ciao
              PF

              Slowprint.com / Semiotx.com
              google voice 1 563 223 8231
              peterf@...

              From iPhone plz excuse brevity!

            • Eric
              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 7, 2010

                > Hahnemühle German Etching Special Black - 300gsm / 600gsm

                I used a black German etching sheet as a booklet cover once, and it shed black particles with every touch. Is the Hahnemuhle black more stable?
                --Eric Holub, SF
                Message 7 of 7 , Jul 7, 2010
                  Hi Eric

                  It's pretty soft, for sure, but I don't think it's shedding...

                  Not great for high-traffic areas, however!

                  PF