Re: [PPLetterpress] bumper stickers

  • bryan@manifestopress.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 24, 2010
      Any oil base ink should dry on vinyl since they oxidize as they dry. You'll just need to lay them out so they are exposed to air. Not sure how long they will last when exposed to elements. We spray our labels for our latest product, the Kingpin Bowling Pin Lawn Sprinkler, with a clear coat to seal them. They are then attached to the bowling pin turned sprinkler. We've had labels on pins we've been using for 3 years without any fading or peeling...

      Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

      From: Katelynn Corrigan <crazyprettybird@...>
      Sender: PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 08:15:22 -0400
      To: <ppletterpress@yahoogroups.com>
      ReplyTo: PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [PPLetterpress] bumper stickers

      Hi Jessica,

      In college I came into possession of some bumper sticker vinyl scraps and successfully printed on them with silver ink on a Golding Jobber. Pulling one out now it appears to be "MACtac" by "Metro." You might have to experiment a little as far as what kind of inks you can use and what holds up best (I also did screen printed stickers in college, but the regular screen print ink did not hold up well.)

      My only other further advice with stickers is: be extra patient and careful, this paper is really expensive and it doesn't like to register because the backs are so slippery.

      Good luck!

      -Katey