Re: ink building up

  • heytrollop
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 17, 2010
      That's usually from too much ink on the press. If there's too much ink on the flat part of your form, when the pressure hits it, the ink oozes over the sides.

      Try rolling some paper through your rollers to remove some of the excess ink and see what happens. And of course cleaning your plate before you start again.

      If that doesn't help, my other thought might be that if you have a deep deboss and it's not hitting exactly in the same place the second time, some of the ink might be transferring back onto your plate. And then when you go to the next piece that ink is transferring back onto the paper. So you might check what it looks like (after cleaning your plate) with just one impression and see if it's still happening.

      If your plate just has regular text it should work fine to get a nice black, but if there are any large solid areas then you're going to have more trouble. And I think Lettra is known for being hard to print evenly. Have you just for kicks tried a different paper to see if that works better? Something less squishy.

      Though I'm less experienced than many people so maybe others have ideas?

      Raven