Re: [PPLetterpress] FREE Weeklong Linotype Class! Sept 26 to Oct 3 at "Linotype University" in Iowa (Cross Posted)

    Message 1 of 2 , May 29, 2010
      I've never managed to make the trip south from Dubuque to Denmark, but I can tell you that Larry is as generous with his time (and opinions about high-speed rail ;-) as the day is long.

      He's had a couple generations of students through the Linotype U, and if you're looking for in-depth & hands-on immersion into that old Linotype, there's nothing else out there!

      Anybody that makes it as far as Denmark should certainly feel free to drop me a line, and stop in the great metropolis on the Upper Mississippi, Dubuque, Iowa for a visit at Slow Print Letterpress!

      All the best!

      Peter

      On 28 May 2010, at 2:25 AM, Steve Robison wrote:

      > To list members:
      >
      > This just in from Larry Raid in Denmark, Iowa, USA...
      >
      > A most incredible offer! For the 8th year in a row, Larry Raid is offering his FREE Linotype classes in a week long course at his "Linotype University" located on his unique property in Denmark Iowa.

      Peter Fraterdeus
      Exquisite letterpress takes timeā„¢
      http://slowprint.com/

      IdeasWords : Idea Swords