Re: [PPLetterpress] Letterpress in France?

  • kutlugurelli
    Message 1 of 6 , May 26, 2010
      hi,

      if you can go to this address;
      13 Quai de Montebello
      75005 PARIS, France

      and here is the map;
      http://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=0,0,1935330913801003921&fb=1&hq=charbonnel&hnear=paris&daddr=13+Quai+de+Montebello,+75005+PARIS,+France&geocode=12145986824507730401,48.851831,2.349263&ei=UGn9S-DqC837_AbQre3HAw&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=directions-to&resnum=1&ved=0CBwQngIwAA

      and ask for the printers' shops around, they may could if they would help you..

      Message 2 of 6 , May 26, 2010
        Musée de l'imprimerie in Lyon (not really close to Paris, but the train
        system is wonderful) is excellent. http://www.imprimerie.lyon.fr/imprimerie/

        ---Arie C. Koelewyn
        The Paper Airplane Press
        East Lansing, MI
        USA

        moiramccauley wrote:

        > Hi everyone,
        >
        > I'm an American printer who will be in Paris for most of this summer.
        > I'm wondering if anyone's got information about whether there's
        > anything going on with letterpress in France. I'm up for meeting
        > printers, visiting presses, checking out classes or art centers or
        > museums or really anything related to printing, anywhere in France.
        >
        > Also feel free to PM me if you know of resources that are tangentially
        > related--I'm into book arts in general, hand papermaking, woodcuts, etc.
        >
        > If it matters I speak/read passable French, just without enough
        > sophistication to have tracked down any resources via the Google!
        >
        > Thanks!
        > Moira
        >
        > http://bookishlady.com

      • David Clifford
        Message 3 of 6 , May 26, 2010
          Hi Moira
          There's Michael Caine at 31, rue de la Cerisaie, Paris 75004, Tel 01
          42 74 74 61
          He runs a small print shop near la Bastille
          He's English but has lived in France awhile
          Samples of his work are in David Jury's book Letterpress
          If you go to Aix-en-Provence, I know a couple
          I'll be in Paris myself all the month of September
          Cheers
          David

          Black Stone Press
          1249 Cartwright Street
          Vancouver, BC
          Canada
        • moira mccauley
          Message 4 of 6 , May 27, 2010
            Thanks for all the great tips, everyone!
            Moira