  • Jody
    Message 1 of 1 , May 25 1:40 PM
      You mix the vodka in with the ink?

      Seriously, I had problems with inking anything wider than type letters (photopolymer) on Lettra, too. Can't figure out why it has worked better some days than others. More mag carbonate?

      The most beautiful inking I've ever gotten on Lettra was using my C&P Pilot, but it was also printing with wood type, a French blue ink, laid on a tiny bit thick, but perfect.

      Bryan, you said you accomplished the inking of these color floods, but you never said just how you did it, other than anesthetizing yourself. What did you do otherwise? Light pressure on the rollers? Dampening the stock?

      Give, dude! You're not the only one who has this problem!

      Thanks,

      Jody Kenney

      On May 25, 2010, at 11:37 AM, Bryan Hutcheson wrote:

      We just finished printing an entire card line for one of our clients, which consisted of large color floods on 110# Lettra for 70 designs in her line. Of course this could only be achieved on our cylinder presses.  It takes a great deal of extra effort to pull this off. You have to print totally different than you would on smoother stocks. You really need to know the standard factory limits of your press so you can make adjustments and redefine your press's limits according to your needs... it's definitely not plug and play....

      I suggest you first go out and buy a bottle of good vodka.

      bryan hutcheson
      - manifesto letterpress
      - industrie standard
      - holyoke fine papers