Re: Wedding Vectored Art for Free

  • Yvon
    Message 1 of 7 , May 5, 2010
      Good point Bob, HeavyImprint didn't mention if it was for a personal job or not. No copyright issues for a one off personal job, otherwise, of course, buyer beware.

      --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, rhopfner@... wrote:

      > That's not necessarily true, you should read the licensing agreement VERY CAREFULLY because I have no doubt for $0.95 a credit you will not be able to resell those images or vector art. It may be for small press runs for a single client - not for a concept you will print for many clients.

      > You will need to research a reseller license, the cost is probably double or more per credit so in the end it's not too traumatic.

      > You just don't want to go to the trouble of creating a line of products to only find out they are good for nothing more than kindling. . . .
      >
      > trust me, I know the score on this one.

      > cheers,

      > Bob
    • heavyimprint
      Message 2 of 7 , May 8, 2010
        It's actually not for any job at the moment.
        I want to offer clients options when they are deciding on what they want printed for their wedding, baptism, christening, bar mitzva, etc....
        It is for small runs, (200-1000 pcs).

        Is this copyright infringement?

        --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, "Yvon" <yal@...> wrote:

        > Good point Bob, HeavyImprint didn't mention if it was for a personal job or not. No copyright issues for a one off personal job, otherwise, of course, buyer beware.
        >

        > --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, rhopfner@ wrote:
        >
        > > That's not necessarily true, you should read the licensing agreement VERY CAREFULLY because I have no doubt for $0.95 a credit you will not be able to resell those images or vector art. It may be for small press runs for a single client - not for a concept you will print for many clients.
        >
        > > You will need to research a reseller license, the cost is probably double or more per credit so in the end it's not too traumatic.
        >
        > > You just don't want to go to the trouble of creating a line of products to only find out they are good for nothing more than kindling. . . .
        > >
        > > trust me, I know the score on this one.
        >
        > > cheers,
        >
        > > Bob

      • Scott Rubel
        Message 3 of 7 , May 8, 2010
          It's not infringement if you use art expressly copyright free. Dover
          books offers such. I've relied on Dover for almost 50 years for so
          much, and now they offer CDs with their books, making it easier for
          the digital generation.

          www.istockphoto.com/index.php>. While Dover offers collections of
          mostly old art (good copies of art that has aged into the copyright
          free zone), iStock offers lots of new and fresh stuff by sometimes
          very good designers. It does have a lot of value if you've got room
          in your overhead for the subscriptions.

          To avoid copyright infringement, you have to get aged art, or pay for
          it, or get permission from the creator or owner.

          --Scott